A “serious” traffic accident on the M11 has left a several junctions closed on the Northbound way.
A closure is currently in place between Junction 4 and 6 due to this incident.
In a statement on their website National Highways said: “The M11 in Essex is closed northbound between J4 (Woodford) and J6 (M25) due to a serious road traffic collision.
“All emergency services, including Met Police are in attendance. National Highways Traffic Officers are also on scene assisting with traffic management.”
— National Highways: East (@HighwaysEAST) October 7, 2022
What diversions are in place due to the M11 Northbound closure?
According to the National Highways website, the diversions that are in place are:
- From Redbridge roundabout A406/M11 junction 4 interchange follow the A406 (W) anti-clockwise west bound.
- At the Waterworks A104 interchange, exit the A406 and take the 3rd exit to join the A104 Woodford New Road.
- Follow the A104 north bound to the Wake Arms roundabout. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit on to the A121 Woodridden Hill.
- At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A121 Honey Lane. At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the M25 junction 26 anti-clockwise.
- Follow the M25 anti-clockwise from junction 26 to junction 27 and take the 1st exit to rejoin M11 at J6
National Highways have asked drivers to allow for extra journey time if the closure impacts on their planned route.