Things got a little heated while Jimmy Kimmel was prepping Thanksgiving dinner this year.
The “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” host took to Instagram to share a photo of his ashen face following a fiery mishap.
“Happy thanksgiving everyone. try not to burn your hair and eyebrow off lighting the oven,” wrote Kimmel in his caption.
The photo appears to be taken in front of a brick oven, which was possibly responsible for the incident.
“Again?????”, asked Kimmel’s daughter Katie, 30, in a comment beneath the post.
“Yep,” he replied. “It’s now a holiday tradition.”
Kimmel then spoke about the “mildly frightening” mishap on his show Monday, joking: “I wish I could say this is the first time I’ve done this. You’d think I would learn, but yet, I haven’t.
“It’s a good thing I was wearing a hat, or I would be bald tonight,” the host laughed.
“The smell was very bad,” he added. “I think the reason burning hair smells so bad is it’s God’s way of telling you, ‘You are on fire right now.’”
Kimmel insisted that even though he’d been “blasted by a fireball,” he still got the job done.
“I had a meal to prepare!” he went on, saying he didn’t even put ice on his burned skin. “I went right back to cooking, I finished every dish.”
“Last Christmas, I chopped the tip of my finger off!” he said.